AirPhysio is an international award-winning Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure OPEP device which assists mucus clearance and lung expansion. It can be used as an adjunctive therapy to prevent pulmonary complications in patients after surgery (i.e. cardiac and abdominal surgeries). The use of AirPhysio device facilitates secretion mobilization, prevents atelectasis, and increases lung volume of patients postoperatively.
The AirPhysio is a proven lung therapy tool verified by Griffith University free of drugs and electronics. Rest assured that you can use the device anytime and anywhere, without worrying about whether or not you have enough drugs or if your device has charge.
How the air physio works
- Exhale into the mouthpiece to cause PEP
- When the pressure in the device reaches a specific level, the ball bearing lifts off the cone, breaking the seal and allowing the air to rush out of the devices.
- Mucus will become mobilised for better expulsion out of the body
How to clean
Dissemble the child-locked cap
- Grasp the clear cap with one hand and the body with the other hand
- Twist the cap 0.3" anti-clockwise (note: the cap may be stiff when twisting,(as to deter children from opening the device)
- Lift the clear cap from the body of the device and disassemble for cleaning
- Pull clear cap away from blue body
- Wash in a solution of tap water and mild soap or detergent
- Rinse all components with tap water
- Wipe with a clean towel
Reassemble and store in a clean, dry location.