The Suregard Reusable Personal Protective Mask is a universally fitting mask suitable for adults.
This mask uses a porous polyurethane material offering protection from dust & pollutants.
This mask serves as a physical barrier to prevent you from touching your face and maintain good hygiene.
The Suregard Reusable Personal Protective Mask has universal sizing for all adult face shapes and ears. The double layered neoprene is 2-way stretchable to seal around your nose bridge, chin and ears. This stretch factor offers all day comfort, free from irritation around most ears.Fitting Instructions
- Open the bag and pull out the mask taking extra care to only handle the outside of the mask
- If using the Suregard Bacterial/Viral Filter Insert, position the filter (over the exhalation port)
- Unfold and stretch the ear straps over your ears - the correct orientation is with the valve on the left
- Position the mask so it completely covers your chin and nose bridge
When removing, be careful not to touch the inside of the mask.
How often should I wash the mask?
Once a week when in use, or daily if you're sick.
Can I wash the mask in a washing machine?
Yes, ideally in a delicate wash to preserve it's longevity.
How long will the mask last?
The masks should be used until it no longer seals across your nose bridge and chin securely. This will vary from person to person and will also be dependant on the amount of use and care taken with the mask.
Will this mask stop me from catching a virus or from getting sick?
This mask on its own offers protection from dust, pollutants and liquid droplets.
With the Suregard filter insert added, the masks has added Bacterial/Viral protection.
Masks decrease the likely chances of your mouth and nose coming in contact with hand cotangents and droplets from the environment, especially when other people are talking in close proximity.
However note, no mask can 100% guarantee filtration of microscopic virus particles. A mask is most effective when combined with good general cleaning and hygiene habits such as regular hand washing and not touching your face directly after being in contact with potentially contaminated surfaces.
What is the Suregard filter material insert and how effective is it?
The Suregard filter material insert is a medical grade Tec200Gram electrostatic bacterial and viral material which is regularly used for clinical applications to prevent cross infection in the hospital setting. This filter material has been independently shown to filter up to 99.9999% of all bacteria and viruses in some of the hospital products that utilise this filter material for ventilation and lung function testing.
Does the mask come with the filter inside?
The mask does NOT include the Suregard filter insert as standard. The Suregard filter insert is an added level of filtration which is optional. These filter inserts are available with the mask as a kit, or separately.
How often do I need to replace the filter?
As per their usage in the hospital and clinical environment, these filters are considered single patient disposable. So we recommend they're replaced regularly for optimal infection control measure.
Can I wash the filter?
No. The filter is medical grade hydrophobic material designed to trap pathogens. They do not wash in water and melt if heated.
What is the cap on the front?
The cap on the front is a one way exhalation port. It allows you to exhale, but closes off during inhalation to reduce the direct flow of air in close proximity.
- 30 July 20201.0 The description on your website contradicts itself! I bought this Suregard product from the chemist and it didn't have any filters included, not even one .. why? The detal say Inserts not included and also further down that it is. Now I have to search the - By Bruce
- 27 July 20201.0 well packaged and prompt service but not reusable for me as the central seam split within 2 hours of normal wear. - By Dr Steve Le Nepveu
- 22 July 20203.0 The mask is very soft around your face the only thing is that there is nothing to hold the filter in place and straps are not very strong - By peter jenkins